Sunday, August 23, 2009

Yoga Marathon

As part of Lifetime Fitness' "Big 16" promotional events this summer, they hosted a Yoga Marathon today at their Life Studio. We practiced for a two hour session. The gym located in Dublin, OH has a beautiful yoga studio, but unfortunately, it is woefully under-utilized.

Today's class was great, though - a vinyasa flow practice that just flew by. We did some sun salutations, a hard-core standing flow that left my quadriceps burning, some standing balance poses and a few seated forward bends. It reminded me that although the Primary Series is a wonderful way to practice yoga, I should keep my practice varied and bring in some other poses as well.

I hope that Lifetime opens up some more yoga classes - engaging in a home practice is rewarding, but there is something special to practicing with a community of yogis.

No comments:

Post a Comment