Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Just a Thought


You may have noticed that motivation is one of my issues that I am constantly wrestling with - finding the inner strength and enthusiasm to keep going everyday.  I have struggled with depression in the past, and it is easy for me to get down in the dumps over something inconsequential.  Therefore, I am always looking for ways to keep me motivated and moving forward.

I found these wonderful little cards that have 1-2 sentence affirmations or sayings.  While I am not the type to pick one up everyday and meditate on it, sometimes it definitely helps to read a quick "sound byte" and take a deep breath.  Often, the card I pick up randomly is exactly the one I need!  The reviewers on Amazon.com mention that these cards helped them feel more centered, peaceful and positive.

Today the card on top reads: "I am here at the right time ... The work I do on myself is not a goal, it is a process - a lifetime process.  I choose to enjoy the process."

These cards pictured are Wisdom Cards by Louise Hay, beautifully illustrated by Eris Klein and Sarajo Frieden.   I also own Inner Peace Cards by Wayne Dyer, which are equally lovely.  When you need a little something extra to push you out the door with a serene smile, pick up one of these cards!

Today's workout:
20 min. stretch/yoga
60 min. run (6.54 mi)
20 min. strength training - focus arms

No comments:

Post a Comment