Thursday, August 6, 2009

New Fave for Lunch


My husband and I recently discovered a wonderful fast casual restaurant, Pei Wei Asian Diner. We both love pan-Asian cuisine and have been driving by the restaurant for about a year, wondering about it, but we never got a chance to try it until last week. It was great! It is owned by P.F. Chang's, which happens to be one of my favorite chain restaurants.

The first time we tried the restaurant, we got take out. The wait was moderate - about 15 minutes, but the staff offered a free drink to enjoy while I waited. We could have placed our order online and eliminated the wait at the restaurant. The drive home was also about 15 minutes, and the food was still warm when I arrived. The kids loved their chicken lo mein, but I would have been happier if it had some vegetables in it. I had ordered Thai Coconut Curry, which was saucy and delicious. The menu indicates this is a spicy dish, and I asked them to prepare it more mildly, but it still had a kick to it.

Today the kids and I ate in the restaurant. Even though the dining room was very crowded, the wait in the line was less than five minutes. Despite the busyness of the restaurant, the young man working at the cash register took a minute to help me get a high chair to the table since he could see I had my hands full with all three kids. I really appreciated that kindness.

They got the food out fast, too - in less than five minutes. We ordered spring rolls, which were crispy and not greasy at all. They brought them out as soon as they were ready, so the kids had something to munch on while they waited for their noodles. Today I ordered the Japanese Teriyaki Rice Bowl, which was very yummy. The vegetables were crisp and fresh and the chicken had just the right about of sauce on it - my meal was neither greasy or soggy as you often get with Chinese food.

The good service continued, as our tables were bussed as we finished our meal. Another young man brought out a takeout container for our leftovers. Such an easy dining experience with children! Overall, I love it! The service was terrific and the food was delicious! We will definitely be dining there again.

Today's workout:
30 min./3 mi. run
30 min. strength training-focus on glutes & core
20 min. stationery bike

No comments:

Post a Comment