Thursday, December 17, 2009

New Year Resolutions, Cont'd

At the Jewish New Year, I set a few goals for myself. These centered mostly around cultivating a positive attitude and bringing peace to my life and my family. For me, it is definitely important to re-visit these resolutions and so that I can re-align my focus to continue to strive in that direction. Lately, my patience has been sorely tested .... which is the time when it is most important to maintain a level head and clear vision. I am not always (rarely) successful, but reminding myself of my goals always helps to keep me on track.

I thought with the impending calendar new year upon us, I would also set out some fitness-related goals. The cold winter weather has had a negative impact on my motivation, but in past couple of days I have felt re-invigorated. Setting some new challenges will help keep me energized and active.

What I hope to accomplish in 2010:
  • Continue a weekly running routine, averaging no less than 30 miles a week.
  • Run at least seven 5K races in the summertime, with the goal time being 21:30.
  • Continue a daily home yoga practice.
  • Develop my hamstring flexibility.
  • Introduce some Second Series Ashtanga poses in my yoga practice.
What are your resolutions for 2010?

Today's workout:
75 min. run (8.52 mi)
15 min. resistance training
75 min. primary series yoga

No comments:

Post a Comment