Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Getting my Groove On

With the colder weather setting in, my seasonal depression comes right along with it. Being cooped up inside, the darkness in the morning & early evening, hauling around all the coats & various accessories, getting the kids ready, everything just seems so much HEAVIER.

So today, when an acquaintance suggested that I try her "dance jam" class, I took her up on it. She didn't realize that my secret dream profession is to be a fly girl - the dance jam class was exactly what I needed to lift my spirits! While I couldn't necessarily follow all of her advanced choreography, the ability to let loose and just rock out a little bit shook off some of those impending winter blues.

As the season progresses, I have to remember to actively seek out ways to bring the sunshine back into my life!

Today's workout:
45 min. run (5.04 mi)
55 min. dance jam
75 min. primary series yoga

No comments:

Post a Comment