Sunday, November 15, 2009

Weekend with Zippy


My husband took our girls to the annual Father-Daughter ball hosted by their ballet school on Friday night. They were super-excited to get all dressed up and go to a real ball with their daddy. They ate dinner, danced with their friends, had an official portrait taken together, and stayed up way past their bedtimes.

Saturday, I attempted to go to Lifetime Fitness' "yoga marathon" event. Unfortunately, due to poor planning, the event was cancelled, so I took a Pilates class instead. While I liked the class and see it's similarity to yoga, it just isn't the same. I also took advantage of the event cancellation to get a run in as well.

Today, I attended a three hour workshop at Yoga on High entitled, "The Subtleties of the Primary Series". I expected an analysis and breakdown of some of the key poses or sequences in the primary series, but really, we just went through the series slowly ... we held some of the poses for longer than usual, and he added a few hints and tips for getting into the asanas. I thought it would be a bit more in-depth, but it was still a good practice.

A nice weekend with the family, and even though there was too much restaurant dining, I feel good. This week we will be focusing on healthier meals!

Today's workout:
3 hours yoga

No comments:

Post a Comment