Tuesday, February 2, 2010

28-in-28 yoga challenge

I just finished reading Living Oprah by Robyn Okrant, in which she takes on all manner of challenges introduced by Oprah Winfrey over the course of a year (more on that later).

Instead of tackling someone else's goals, I am working toward my own of establishing a daily practice. I already have an almost-daily yoga habit (about 5-6 days a week). However, I usually practice in the evenings after I put my kids to bed, and if my husband and I have other plans, then my yoga time may go by the wayside. This 28-in-28 challenge, originated by blogger Sarahsana and brought to my attention by blogger YogaDork, suggests that we spend some time - whatever time we can - each day in the 28 days of the short month of February on our yoga mat. Hopefully, having this challenge will give me the extra impetus I need to carve out some yoga time even if it isn't my "usual" practice time.

Today's workout:
53 min. hill interval run (6.51 mi)
30 min. resistance training/plyometrics
75 min. primary series yoga

No comments:

Post a Comment